Saturday, February 6, 2010

Avon Walk for Breast Cancer

I participated in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer on October 24-25. In order to participate each person has to raise $1800 and then walk either 26.2 or 39.3 miles over two days. Our team signed up for the full 39.3 miles (26.2 on Saturday and 13.1 on Sunday) and decided to experience everything to the fullest by sleeping in the Wellness Village (camping out) Saturday night! At the end of the day Saturday I did not think I would be able to 1)sleep in a tent and 2)walk another 13.1 miles the next day. But, thanks to my teammates I made it! The weekend was really one of the most amazing experiences of my life! There were so many survivors themselves walking and the Charlotte walk alone raised over $2.3M dollars for breast cancer!

Team Balance Wellness Center at the opening ceremony!
From Avon Walk - Oct 2009


Cheering on Mommy at mile 13! I was impressed that Will dressed Emerson in all PINK!
From Avon Walk - Oct 2009


How many more?
From Avon Walk - Oct 2009


DONE! But, only for today!
From Avon Walk - Oct 2009


Day 2, Lunch, Mile 7 - looking good!
From Avon Walk - Oct 2009


FINISH!!!
From Avon Walk - Oct 2009

No comments: